Sunday, September 5, 2010

Intro to Fairytale Class

   This particular class caught my attention because of the imagination that laid behind it. Fairy and folk tales interested me as a child, and now as an adult, i can truly understand the underlying symbolism behind each tale. Because this is an interdisciplinary study class, i would hope it'd be more subject to discussion and exploration more so by the students than by the book. I see this class as a chance to strengthen my  analytical skills. By expressing my thoughts and learning new ways of thinking from other people, my figurative horizons will be broadened.
   In this seminar, i hope to learn more about where fairy and folk tales originated from. I would also like to explore the various interpretations of each regions recollection of the tales. Of most fairy tales, i would say that my favorite is between "Hansel and Gretel" and "The Little Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe". The first fairy tale is a favorite simply because it was one told to me by my grandparents, except in spanish. The latter is a little closer to home because my mother has "...so many children, she doesn't know what to do...". I find them both charming tales, but i don't really know that much about the origins and things like that.
   So, as i will be blogging regularly, we will see how each class and each lessons furthers my imagination and creative lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment